The civil division is responsible for handling general civil cases: Personal Injury, property damage, contracts, replevin, forcible entry and detainer (evictions) and small claims. The maximum you can seek is $15,000 and $6,000 in small claims.

The civil division also handles applications for Trusteeship and Rent Escrow deposit.

All corporations are required to be represented by counsel.

Civil Phone Numbers:

Small Claims:

The Civil Department is closed for lunch daily from 12PM – 1PM.

The Clerk’s Office is unable to provide legal advice to any parties in a civil action. The clerks are not attorneys and the Court must remain an independent, third-party in all disputes. If you need legal advice, please contact an attorney. If you need help finding an attorney, contact your local bar association or legal aid society. See the Links Page for contact information of various agencies.

For your convenience, some useful links are below:

Civil Filing Fees 2020 *Please note – unless approved beforehand, Civil will no longer accept any filings by fax or email if they require a filing fee.

Ohio Civil Procedure

Ohio Revised Code

Eviction Process

Small Claims Guidelines

Links to many of the Court’s Civil Forms can be found here.